UN/DOT Approved Containers
Rules are rules, and not knowing the rules can stop your shipping containers in their tracks. Our chemical containers, portable pressure vessels, and intermediate bulk containers are manufactured to ASME, UN/DOT specifications.
Black Forest chemical containers, portable pressure vessels, and intermediate bulk containers are used in a variety
Our custom systems can be engineered for specific material handling applications.
of sanitary, industrial, and general purpose applications. Our chemical containers meet or exceed industry requirements as well as UN requirements for shipping hazardous materials.
We offer a variety of standard chemical container designs and our custom systems can be engineered for specific material handling applications. Packaging systems include container sizes ranging from 0.1L to 2000L.
Containers may be customized for pressurized dispense, fitted with heating or cooling jackets or lined with flouropolymers.
Optional container certifications include UN/DOT, CE, ASME, FM, IMDG, ADR/RID and TuV.
Leasing and rental programs and custom package design and consultation are also available.
More Info on UN/DOT Approved Containers - 3MB - PDF
Product Types Offered
- UN Portable Tanks / T Tanks
- IBC’s - Intermediate Bulk Containers
- Process Tanks
- Shipping Vessels
UN/DOT Approved Containers
Industries We Serve
- High Purity and Industrial Chemicals
- Agricultural Chemicals
- Fragrances, Flavors, Oils
- Resins and Dyes
Custom Designed Valves
Volumes and Sizes
UN1A1 and UN1A2
- US sizes range from 1 gallon to 119 gallons
- EU sizes range from 4 liters to 450 liters
UN31A and UN Portable Tanks
- US sizes range from 120 gallon to 500 gallons
- EU sizes range from 450 liters to 2000 liters
- Special composition of stainless steel DIN 1.4301, similar AISI 304
- Special composition of stainless steel DIN 1.4571, similar AISI 316
- Special composition of stainless steel DIN 1.4404/1.4435, similar AISI 316 L
- Please ask us about other materials for special applications.
- Black Forest maintains a large inventor of spare parts for beverage containers and transport vessels.
Our standard turnaround time for orders placed is 1-2 days. Spare parts that are not in stock can typically be supplied within 5-7 business days.
- Stackable Skirting
- Forklift Bases with 4-way Access
- Protected Frames
- Top or Bottom
- All Industry Standard
Black Forest also offers these other product lines: Aseptic Totes, AgChem Containers, Tanks and Drums, Pharmaceutical/ Hygienic/ Biotech, Cannabis Processing Equipment, E-Intermediate Bulk Containers, General Purpose/ Pressure Vessels, Teflon Lined Process Equipment, Wine and Beer Equipment, Wine Bags, Cellar and Sankey Kegs, Process and Fermentation Tanks, 350 gallon T-304 stainless steel IBC containers.