Contact Name: Laura E. Schneider
Business Name: Black Forest Container Systems, LLC
Phone Number: 864-386-7414
Fax Number: 864-282-2303
Bag-In-Bag Environmental Sustainability
Program: ARAN Group
- Optimize BIB design to minimize weight, carbon footprint and energy waste while delivering the required performance in each application.
- Overall impact reduced by about 10% without compromising performance.
- Incorporate recycled materials in the production of BIB products without adversely affecting their physical and organoleptic properties.
Targets for incorporation of recycle materials:
- Virgin Plastic Resins 50%
- Post -Industrial Recyclate 30%
- Post- Consumer Recyclate 20%
Recycled material from “circular” recycling is fully compatible with Food Contact legislation.
No difference in physical or chemical properties in comparison to virgin materials.
Re-design the structure of the BIB to allow for recyclability while maintaining its critical properties as required for each application.
Re-formulation of aseptic plug type closure:
- Existing polyamide based closure reformulated into a polyolefin based closure
The re-designed BIB has a better recyclability profile:
- Existing Nylon and PET BIB reformulated to a EVOH, PE & PP which changes the recycling code from 7 to a 4
The re-formulated BIB structure conforms to the CEFLEX guidelines for recyclable flexible polyolefin materials.
REDUCE - Optimize BIB design to minimize weight, carbon footprint and energy waste while delivering the required performance in each application.
RE-USE - Reformulate BIB components to include >50% recycled plastic resins. At least 20% of them Post-Consumer Recycled resins from “Circular Recycling”.
RECYCLE – Simplify the structure of the BIB by eliminating any materials that are not compatible with the polyolefin recycling stream.
Black Forest Container Systems, LLC located in Greenville, SC, founded in 2000, is the leading distributor in North America of closed loop custom equipment and multi-trip stainless steel packaging systems. Their product offerings include stainless steel containers, intermediate bulk containers, mini-bulks, totes, ASME pressure vessels, process tanks, storage tanks, flasks, bottles, fermentation tanks, wine making equipment, bag in box and process drums. In addition, Black Forest Resources, LLC the sister company of BFCS, offers a container leasing program. The rental fleet consists of high-quality intermediate bulk containers (IBC's), totes, portable tanks, mini-bulks and small volume chemical and general-purpose containers for the agriculture, chemical, cosmetic, food, industrial and pharmaceutical industries.
To learn more about Black Forest Container Systems, LLC call 864-386-7414 or visit www.blackforestmktg.com.